Ecological Yoga Mats
The ecological yoga mats from la maison Pure
The ecological yoga mats from Brigitta Callens, la Maison Pure, are 100% ecological, biodegradable and biodegradable. They are made from responsibly harvested tree rubber, combined with jute and reinforced with a cotton border. No PVC or synthetic rubbers are used but only natural materials.
The yoga mats B. Pure have a very good grip, they are shock-absorbing and have a natural “look”.
Natural rubber occurs as an emulsion in the sap (latex) of a number of plant species such as the Brazilian and the Indian rubber tree. About 33% of the latex consists of rubber. The latex is filtered and diluted with water. The result of this is treated with acid to solidify the rubber particles. This gives rubber which is rolled into thin slices and dried.
For the yoga mats, natural rubber and jute have been used. As a result, they offer the best grip, even when they get wet from wet grass or perspiration. They are therefore natural and organic and do not contain unhealthy synthetic substances such as PVC, EVA, PER, TPE. In the time we are in now, this is better for Mother Earth.
Lengths: 1.73 mx 5 mm thickness and 1.83 m x 6 mm thicknessThe yoga mats from Brigitta Callens have 2 layers, between both layers there is a reinforcement with a natural fiber.
As already mentioned, the natural rubber is biodegradable and therefore very ecological.
The mats have a firm grip on both sides so that exercises and movements can be performed completely safely and comfortably without slipping or sliding.
Are soft and supple and thick enough so that the yogi and yogini can sit or lie soft and comfortable so that knees and back are better protected.
They are free from heavy metals, Azo dyes and harmful fragrances which can be toxic and bioaccumulative.
The natural design of the mat is designed for professional yoga use, as well as for therapeutic use, reclining meditations, visualization exercises, ….
Have an optimal yoga grip and are extra stiff due to the addition of jute. This is important otherwise you will slip during certain exercises, such as the warrior pose or the dog. They can also withstand external conditions such as temperature and humidity. It is anti-static, “breathes” and is very strong.
100% natural product.
- Suitable for all yoga forms such as Hatha, Iyengar, Ashtanga and power yoga.
- Clean with water and vinegar or Probisana Home Spray. Probisana home Spray is a versatile probiotic textile spray, environmentally friendly.
- It removes allergens and actively fights odors. Minimizes the risk of infections by bacteria, actively removes (dust mite) allergens. This spray is suitable for all types of textiles.
- It is usable on both sides to perform all your asanas.
- Design and creation: la maison Pure, brigitta Callens
YOGA MATS – BIO DEGRADABLE
173 x 61 x 0.5 cm: 95,00 €
183 x 61 x 0.6 cm: 115,00 €
JUTE YOGA BAG
The yoga mat naturally includes also the ecological Yoga Bag with which you can easily take your mat anywhere.
Size: suitable for both the small and large size yoga mats
- The bag is spacious with a diameter of 30 cm.
- Easy to carry thanks to the adjustable shoulder strap
- Is made of jute
- Has a storage space on the inside with a zipper for eg wallet, keys and mobile phone.
- Price: 39,00 €
You can also buy the carrying bag separately.
YOGA BLOCK CORK
Sometimes a necessary accessory for certain standing and sitting asanas or stretch postures. It is made from natural cork which is a 100% natural and environmentally friendly material.
This yoga block has beautiful rounded edges and corners. This gives you extra comfort and it has an easy and good handle so that it can carry your body weight well and you can practice your asanas in a safe way.
Another benefit is that cork blocks will not damage floors and your toes.
You can tilt this block in 3 ways so you can use it as support and to facilitate stability.
A yoga block is an excellent tool for beginning and advanced yogis and yoginis. Yoga blocks are often used to support, stabilize and / or align the body while performing an asana.
- Material: 100% natural cork, rounded corners, FSC certified
- Dimensions: 23 cm x 15 cm x 7 cm
- Weight: 800 grams
- Favorite for yogi and yogini practitioners, who pay attention to environmentally friendly products. They meet the FSC quality mark for responsible forest management.
- Maintenance: best clean with a damp cloth.
- Price: 27,00 €
You can also order the yoga block cork separately
The design of the Cotton Yoga Belt is based on the original yoga belt developed in Puna, India by yoga master BKS Iyengar. A yoga strap is a useful tool for performing all kinds of yoga exercises. This belt can give you that little bit of extra support or help to make your exercise easier. The yoga belt is a much appreciated tool for beginners.
- Greater reach of legs and arms
- Deepening and intensifying postures
- Easier to maintain balance in more difficult postures
- Helps you to avoid overstretching
- 100% unbleached cotton
- Dimensions: 285 cm x 4 cm
- Weight: 110 grams
- Material: 100% chemical-free cotton with durable and user-friendly buckle made of strong steel for extra reinforcement and great strength.
- Price: € 15.00
You can buy the yoga belt separately here.
You can order all these accessories together, which gives you a discount. A kit includes the yoga mat (specify length in the webshop!), the accompanying ecological bag, block of cork and cotton belt.
For the price of 170 € instead of 181 € for the 173 cm mat
or 190 € instead of 201 € for the longest model.
Note: It is best not to wash the ecological yoga mat in the washing machine because it is made of natural rubber. Also do not dry in the dryer. Also do not allow to dry or leave in the sunlight to prevent discoloration. It is simple and easy to clean with a slightly damp cloth.
A yoga mat is really something very personal for a yogi, almost “sacred”. Never step on someone’s mat unless you get permission to do so.